DRESS Code Policy
Plummer Middle School will follow the regular dress code policy.
**ONLY CLEAR OR MESH BACKPACKS WILL BE ALLOWED**
- All tops must be long enough to cover the midriff completely under normal circumstances and be tucked in.
- Shirts and blouses must be buttoned except for the top two buttons (or zipped to the same degree).
- Sheer clothing (tops & bottoms) is not permitted.
- All tops must have shoulder straps. Muscle shirts and net shirts are not acceptable attire. Boys must have sleeves on all tops. Spaghetti straps are not allowed.
- Pants, skirts and shorts must be worn securely, at the proper height, around the waist.
- Exposure of undergarments is unacceptable. Appropriate undergarments must be worn at all times. No oversized clothing is permitted.
- Hair color for all students must be of the natural color. (No red, blue, purple, etc.) Hair must be neat, clean, and well groomed. Extreme hairstyles are not permitted.
- Hats, baseball caps, and bandannas are not to be brought or worn to school.
- Clothing, makeup, jewelry, tattoos and clothing must not reflect or suggest drugs, alcohol, tobacco, sex, vulgar language, gang affiliation, violence, death or satanic ideology.
- Official military insignias on clothing, except ROTC uniforms, are not permitted.
- Sleepwear and lingerie are not permitted as outer garments
- Skirts, dresses, and shorts approaching the knee are permitted. Clothing that is too short, made of Lycra or spandex, and boxer shorts are not permitted. Length must meet the requirement in the front and back and allow one to walk, bend and sit with modesty.
- Shoes must be worn at all times. Shower slides, flip flops, athletic-type slides, stiletto heels, soccer sandals, shoes with lights, cleats and skate shoes are not permitted.
- Cut, torn, frayed or ripped clothing is prohibited (jeans, shorts, skirts, tops, etc.).
- Nose, eyebrow, and tongue/lip studs are prohibited. The only visible piercing allowed is earrings for girls. Boys may NOT wear or bring earrings, ear studs, or loops to school.
- Apparel must be neat, clean, modest and worn appropriately.
- Students must wear school IDs around the neck and on a school approved lanyard at all times. Temporary IDs are $1.00 daily or students may purchase a permanent ID for $5.00.
- Low cut or sagging clothing is not permitted. Exposure of body parts is prohibited.
- Leggings/Jeggings and tights may not substitute for pants or shorts.
- Sideburns may not extend below the tip of the earlobe for boys.
- Boys must be clean-shaven at all times. No facial hair should be visible.
- Boys may not wear hair fasteners of any kind, including beads. Rubber bands that are the same color of the hair for ponytails and braids are permissible.
- Cell phones must be powered “off” during the school day and should not be visible.
The discretion of the Principal will be used in addressing any and all dress code issues. Students not in compliance will not be allowed to attend classes.
The campus and district’s general dress code is established to teach hygiene, instill discipline, prevent disruption, avoid safety hazards, promote orderliness, and assure the security of the school.