Plummer Middle School will follow Aldine ISD standardized dress code policy. Please, refer to the Aldine General Dress Code for all other guidelines.
Bring Your Own Device
Aldine ISD permits students to possess cell phone devices on campus to support student safety before and after school. Our policy requires supervision of students PK-grade 1 by adults at bus stops and for walkers. Cell phones are prohibited for students in grades PK-Grade 1.
Starting with the 2014-2015 school year, students are allowed to bring their own mobile computing devices to school for use in their classes. Aldine ISD will now be incorporating the use of such items as laptops, iPads, netbooks and cell phones with browsing capabilities for educational purposes only.
Any parent who wishes that their child use a personally owned electronic device within Aldine Independent School District (AISD) must read and agree to the following policy.
- The student is responsible for the security and proper care of their personal device, including any costs of repair, replacement or any modifications needed to use the device at school.
- AISD is not responsible for any damage or theft that may occur.
- Technology may be used at the discretion of the teachers as their lessons warrant-the student must comply with teachers’ request to shut down the device.
- The student will not use the devices to record, transmit or post photos or video of a person or persons on campus.
- No images or video recorded at school can be transmitted or posted at any time without the express permission of a teacher.
- The student will only use their device for educational purposes and with teacher permission in class. At the completion of the lesson and/or class period, the device should be turned off and put away.
- The student MUST use the district’s public and Children’s Internet Protection Act of 2011 (CIPA) compliant wireless network.
- The use of 3G/4G wireless connections is prohibited.
- The student should have full working knowledge of how to use their device.
- Teachers are not responsible for the training and use of student devices.
Use of the district network is not a right, but a privilege and inappropriate use will result in cancellation of that privilege, disciplinary action, and/or prosecution. Violations will be dealt with in accordance with the Aldine ISD Student Code of Conduct and/or local, state or federal law.
The complete policy covering cell phone use and the use of devices for educational reasons is located in the Aldine Student Code of Conduct.